Monday, November 13, 2006

EFFING COMPUTERS

Sometimes I really hate technology. You get all hooked and dependent on it, like crack, and then it's gone and you're back to using an abacus and scratching characters out with a stick in the dirt and flinging feces at your neighbors. Like tonight. I figured I would do some work from home but not bring home my laptop, I would just use my home computer. Well GREAT FUCKING IDEA!! It turns out that my home computer doesn't have all the programs that I need to use so I have to download them, but then I get error messages that say shit like "wrong path, click ok and download again" or "no resources" or "fuck you, you're screwed" and really, that's just fucking mean. So I finally get the most important one downloaded but because I can't remember my password to the one at work with all the bells and whistles, I have to download the ghetto version and I'm using it and pop ups are flying everywhere and I cannot delete pages as a range of pages, I have to delete INDIVIDUALLY!!!!!!!! There are like 9000 pages on this document! FUCK. Anyway a job that would have taken 45 minutes has now taken 2 hours and I missed dinner and Prison Break and it looked like a good one too.

No comments: