Monday, October 08, 2007

WITH FRIENDS LIKE THESE... PART DEUX

So I am meeting this friend for drinks after work the other night and she asks me to meet her where she works because she has her car there and doesn't want to have to move it and pay again for parking, so I was like "sure, just tell me what train station to get off at". She proceeds to give me cross streets instead of station names. When I tell her that on the train she is telling me to take that there are stops on Broadway, Houston AND Lafayette, she doesn't respond to me. So whatever, I just leave because she tells me she can only stick around for a little while and I didn't want to waste more time on this and figured I'd just wing it. So she texts me and tells me that she'll meet me outside the train station exit. I get there and THERE ARE 4 EXITS!!

So I'm really annoyed now because its all about her, then she drags me to like 5 bars and she still can't pick one, even after every one she mentioned I said "SURE". All of a sudden we're 4 blocks down Prince St and she still can't make up her fucking mind.

Finally we find a place and then she spends the better part of 3 drinks bitching about work even though I warned her that that job wasn't for her (and not to mention that every time i speak to her she's complaining about her job) and then talking about guys she works with. That's it. The only time conversation drifted to me was when she said she didn't like my hair the last time she saw me. Why do I put up with this? Are friends like this normal??

No comments: